Statement of Faith
Our Statement of Faith is based on fundamental Christian beliefs that we strongly support as the primary doctrine for teaching. TKA does not promote or endorse any particular denomination. We maintain this position for the purpose of unity and fairness to each student. Other doctrinal issues upon which this ministry has no official stance will be secondary doctrine and will not be taught. In the event secondary doctrine is brought up, students will be referred back to the family and church for final authority. We desire to remain united in the salvation and love of Christ, avoiding any dissension that may be caused by denominational distinctives. The King’s Academy does not accept families from a non-Christian background or from denominations that do not adhere to the following doctrinal distinctives:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (II Tim 3:15; II Pet 1:21). The Bible speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, and it is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of The King’s Academy’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our School Board is The King’s Academy’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
- We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Gen 1:1; Matt 28:19; John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33); His virgin birth (Is 7:14; Matt 1:23; Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Heb 4:15; 7:26): His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (I Cor 15:3; Eph 1:7; Heb 2:9); His resurrection (John 11:25; I Cor 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Rev 19:11).
- We believe that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved (John 3:16-19; 5:24; Rom 3:23; 5:8-9; Eph 2:8-10; Tit 3:5).
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; 1 Cor 6:9-11).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28, 29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Rom 8:9; I Cor 12:12-13; Gal 3:26, 28).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life (Rom 8:13-14; I Cor 3:16; 6:19-20; Eph 4:30; 5:18).
- We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31). Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of The King’s Academy.
Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality
- We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life (Ps 139).
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Gen 1:26-27). Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
- We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen 2:18-25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Cor 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb 13:4). We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
- We believe that any form of sexual immorality, including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography is sinful (Matt 15:18-20; 1 Cor 6:9-10).